Parents TV had a great feature with Lisa Drayer, the author of The Beauty Diet: looking great has never been so delicious. She talks how to feed our bodies to help with aging and beauty — from the inside out.
A few great points from the video:
1. Berries, such as black, blue and strawberry are antioxidant rich which help protect the suns affects of aging. Blueberries in particular help keep the collagen in our skin intact. (+ low in calories and high in fiber).
2. Vitamin C rich foods like kiwi and oranges keep your skin moist and therefore less noticeable wrinkles.
3. Protein and Omega 3 rich foods helps keep hair and nails strong and shiny. Try peanut butter, fish, walnuts, yogurt.
4. Mango, dried apricots and nuts cantaloupe are rich in beta keratine smooth skin and bright eyes.
5. Watermelon and pink grapefruit are rich in lycopene which is a natural sunscreen and antioxidant.
Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/parentstv#p/u/52/mbci0jCdVVM